1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
I don’t really have one everyone just calls me Alex.
2. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I doodle quite a lot when on the phone, I usually draw spirals, flowers, zigzags and squares.
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
If I can’t sleep, I read until I fall asleep.
4. Do people consider you to be talkative or quiet?
I’m very talkative when I’m well enough to talk, with my ME/CFS I can’t talk as much as I used to and I soon lose my voice.
5. What makes you cry?
All sorts of things make me cry I’m a huge softy. Here are a few examples: some HEA book, chick flicks, my cats, even some adverts have made me cry especially some of the Christmas ones.
6. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Not being able to do the things I used to, I used to be very active and very social. Sadly due to bad health I’m mostly house bound.
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
I only tend to look at myself on leaving the bathroom, the only other place I have a mirror is the bedroom.
8. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
Haha. I used to think that mummy’s had girls and daddies had boys, because two of my friends mum’s both had girls.
I also thought that the world was in B&W during the old days as all of the things I watched were in B&W. I remember asking my mum when did everything change to colour?
9. What is the guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
I didn’t think I had any but actually I have two guilty pleasures purchasing more books than I’ll probably be able to read in a life time and purchasing craft supplies.
10. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
That’s easy it’s my mum, she is in her 80’s and she is my main carer.
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which sections?
I never read newspapers like I don’t watch the news. It’s to much doom and gloom for me.
12. Which animal scares you the most?
Spiders 🕷 but can you actually call it an animal?
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage with it?
Avoid. Definitely avoid I hate conflict.
14. What is the most recent compliment you’ve received?
I can tell you’ve lost weight.
15. What question are you tired of hearing?
What do you think about what’s going on with Brexit!! And that’s all I have to say on that subject.
16. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
17. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
I have a few acquaintances and only have a few very close friends.
18. Do you have a catchphrase?
Calling everyone Love. It’s a Lancashire thing.
19. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why?
My favourite city is Edinburgh in Scotland. I lived there for ten years and only left because of I’ll health, I needed to be near my family, as I had no family in Scotland.
Why I like it so much is that it’s so alive, there is always something going on. Then just look around at all of the different types of architecture. How may cities have a castle sitting on top of an extinct volcano. I could wax lyrical about it all day and every day. https://www.edinburghcastle.scot/
20. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I’d change it to Lexi as is another derivative of Alexandra.
21. When was the last time you lied?
I have no idea if I have lied, if I have it would have been a little white lie. I really can’t lie.
22. What’s something that amazes you?
The natural world and space. There are so many amazing things out there still to be discovered.
23. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
I think I’d rather be the first person to explore.
24. What is your favourite amateur activity?
Card making and now blogging.
25. What was your first thought when you got up this morning?
What time is it.
26. What is your favourite song (at least at the moment)?
George Ezra’s ShotGun
27. List someone you know and describe them in five words.
My mum: kind, caring, loving, friend & confidant .
28. You can select one person from history and have them truthfully answer one question. Who would you select and what would the question be?
Oh there are so many that a tough one. Maybe Charles Darwin & Florence Nightingale because I’d ask them the same question. When you were really ill and bed bound do you think you had ME/CFS.
29. Which celebrity or artist do you resemble the most?
I haven’t got a clue.
30. What do you want me to know?
There is more to life than money, your health and family are the most important.